Polyglycolic Acid Sutures
UNIFYTM Polyglycolic Acid Sutures (PGA) are braided coated synthetic absorbable surgical sutures composed of glycolide, a non-antigenic, non-pyrogenic polymer. PGA is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or litigation, including use in ophthalmic procedures, but not for use in cardiovascular and neurological procedures. Our PGA sutures meet all the requirements established by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
Characteristics of UNIFYTM PGA Sutures:
• Drill End Press Fit needles for maximum strength between thread and needles
• Initial strength comparable to that of Nylon and Gut
• Synthetic sutures absorbing at a moderate rate
• Lower tissue reaction than gut sutures with no risk of toxicity
• Ultra sharp needle point for atraumatic tissue passage
• Precise knot replacement
• Predictable absorption profile
• Color: violet
• Strength duration: 28-35 days
• Absorb duration: 55-70 days
This is our 5-0 suture kit. For other sizes, please click here.